The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing customer-facing solutions that are usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Salesforce Lightning Platform. Code quality matters. The approach is agile (SCRUM) and test-driven.
We value our customers and are engaged with them regularly as part of our process. You will not be isolated from the end result of your development efforts!
The emphasis is on results. We offer flexibility on work location (remote working) and work hours; our working environment is cloud-based. We avoid bureaucracy.
All product development work is done in Ireland: we do not outsource.
Including, but not limited to:
- Manage the ClaimVantage Support desk using the Jira Service Desk application:
- Track all incoming JIRA Service Desk tickets.
- Triage technical issues to clearly understand the reported problem. Discuss with the customer if necessary to clarify the submitted issue.
- Ensure that there is full understanding and documentation of problem, as necessary, before forwarding to the support developer.
- Meet and track the SLAs for all customers.
- Follow established processes for managing Jira Service Desk.
- Follow established procedures to escalate issues and collaborate with the support developer and the development team in Dublin to ensure proper technical coverage for Support Tickets.
- Report weekly on the status of resolution of all customer issues submitted to Jira Service Desk.
- Test fixed bugs/issues to ensure that they are fixed before sending back to the customer.
- Train to become familiar with the ClaimVantage and Salesforce software products.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- This is a customer support role and the chosen candidate will need to be comfortable working with customers experiencing problems and working across time zones.
- Conduct discussions on outstanding questions with SMEs and/or additional ClaimVantage team members.
- Advance industry knowledge and consultative capabilities through training and mentoring.
- Engage and maintain a close partnership with Customer Support Developer, Business Analyst, and Development teams.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strict attention to detail — including testing and documenting proposed solutions.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and deliver against demands from multiple customers.
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multitask and work against strict deadlines is critical.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence) is a plus.
- Salesforce or Absence/Disability insurance industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability to interact effectively with ClaimVantage team members across all locations.
- Ability to learn by doing in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player with the ability to coordinate team responses to customer issues.