At ClaimVantage we have a dedicated R&D team, focused on developing innovative claim management software solutions built on the Salesforce Lightning Platform. Our R&D process focuses on delivering innovative software solutions which improve efficiency and productivity for our customers. To ensure you can maximize business value, it is necessary to have experience and knowledge of insurance benefits (Disability, Life and Health, Critical Illness, AD&D, Indemnity) and claims management, or absence management.
As our Research and Development Systems Analyst, you are required to be hands-on as you will work closely with both the ClaimVantage team and our customers. Excellent communication, process management, and analytical skills are essential.
In any given day, you might be evaluating input from customers, internal stakeholders and teams, analyzing problems identified and current product capabilities, delivering recommendations to our Solution Managers for prioritization, and preparing clear requirements to the development team for design and development.
Dublin, Ireland or Portland, Maine, USA.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collect and evaluate data through task analysis, business process, surveys, and workshops, and utilize learnings to recommend product enhancements.
- Determine and deliver analysis in a way that suits the intended audience and top, such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams.
- Document business needs, requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Understand requests from individual customers, determine whether the request is applicable to multiple customers and whether the request fits into strategic objectives.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to prioritize key features (epics, stories, and bugs).
- Provide suggestions to the development team during the development stage.
- Partner with documentation and training teams to create and/or provide guidance related to system functionality.
- Communicate effectively with customers and internal teams to design and deliver functional requirements like screen, interface, and GUI designs.
- Design and execute test scripts and test scenarios.
- Occasional travel required.
- Knowledge of insurance benefits (Disability, Life and Health, Critical Illness, AD&D, Indemnity) or absence management.
- Collaborative work style and high level of communication and presentation skills.
- Comfort with and interest in software design and development.
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
- At least 2 years Systems Analyst or Business Analyst experience in an IT environment (preferably Agile).
- Experience in, or working closely with, claims organizations.
- Understanding of key feature delivery using Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) or Domain Driven Design (DDD) techniques.
- Experience in Jira, Confluence, Google Suite.
- Hands-on Salesforce experience.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.