The Pre-Sales Consultant is responsible for coordinating and supporting Pre-Sales activities throughout the sales cycle including product demonstrations, preparation, and delivery of RFP/RFI responses, finalist meeting and follow-up requests, and other support as needed. This role requires a deep understanding of our products in addition to excellent oral and written presentation skills.
The successful candidate will demonstrate system capabilities, competitive differentiators and our value proposition to customers and work collaboratively with our sales/marketing team to present customer-focused solutions. In addition to excellent interpersonal, communication/presentation and effective writing skills, the Pre-Sales Consultant must be detail oriented and organized, with an ability to prioritize, problem-solve, respond to multiple deadlines, and balance concurrent responsibilities successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with Sales Team to position and present ClaimVantage’s product offerings throughout the sales cycle.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our software solutions and capabilities, especially as it relates to claims management.
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations to prospects and customers. Formulate solutions and recommendations based on customer goals and objectives.
- Build relationships with prospects.
- Timely delivery of high-quality RFP responses, inclusive of questionnaires, marketing materials, cost estimates, executive summaries, cover letters, and other supporting proposal documentation as requested.
- Provide consultative training and support during customer software evaluations/Proof of Concept (POC) as needed.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in customer meetings as needed.
- Coordinate with Implementation Manager for Pre-Sales to Implementation transition.
- Participate in monthly Customer Focus Groups – facilitate when needed.
- Build and maintain a close partnership with internal teams including Product, QA, Delivery Manager, Customer Service/Support, and Implementation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the ClaimVantage Pre-Sales process, including best practices, tools, and continual process improvement.
- Advance industry and business knowledge through training and mentoring.
- Excellent customer presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail; ability to review and edit proposal content for accuracy, clarity and proper use of terminology.
- Ability to organize and deliver on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information; analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to deliver presentations remotely as well as in person.
- Able to interact effectively with customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer.
- Available for occasional travel.
- At least 3+ years of Insurance Claim experience, preferably in Life Insurance. Experience of Group Disability, FMLA and LTC are a plus.
- Prior experience with RFP/RFI and proposal writing preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce desirable.
- Knowledge of Confluence and JIRA is a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability to interact effectively with ClaimVantage team members across all locations.
- Ability to self-learn quickly and think creatively.
- A team player with the ability to adopt a leadership role as needed.
- The Pre-Sales Consultant may perform other related duties required to meet the ongoing needs of our organization. Flexibility and desire to work in a growing, changing environment is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution, or comparable work experience.