The Pre-Sales Analyst is responsible for high-quality response and timely delivery of assigned Requests for Proposal and Requests for Information (RFPs/RFIs), including completion of questionnaires and development of supporting proposal materials (e.g. attachments, exhibits, etc.) according to the RFP/RFI instructions.
The successful candidate must possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills as well as effective research skills to find and synthesize relevant information into proposal responses. In addition, the Pre-Sales Analyst will support other pre-sales activity and must be highly detail oriented, organized, and exhibit project management skills that include an ability to prioritize, problem-solve, respond to multiple deadlines, and balance concurrent tasks successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordination and timely delivery of high-quality RFP responses, inclusive of questionnaires, marketing materials, cost estimates, executive summaries, cover letters, supporting proposal documentation, and any other deliverables per RFP instructions.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Conduct initial review and assessment of all RFP/RFI components and attachments; establish RFP timeline; determine Subject Matter Expert (SME) resources needed; elevate non-standard items to SME and/or manager.
- Complete and respond effectively to RFP/RFIs using the RFP database and other internal resources.
- Provide quality proposal responses which articulate the customer’s needs and fulfills the customer’s requirements;
- Utilize all available resources to research and develop responses;
- Create responses utilizing the RFP database and/or customer-specific text crafted for particular questions and/or requirements.
- Manage the RFP database, includes continuously working with SMEs to ensure responses are compelling, accurate and up-to-date and uploading/managing new content.
- Ensure quality review process is followed prior to proposal delivery.
- Conduct discussions on outstanding questions with SMEs and/or additional ClaimVantage team members.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the ClaimVantage RFP process, including best practices, tools, and continual process improvement.
- Advance industry knowledge and consultative capabilities through training and mentoring.
- Engage and maintain a close partnership with Sales, Delivery Manager, Customer Support and Product SMEs.
- Excellent writing, communication, and technical documentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven research skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strict attention to detail; ability to review and edit proposal content for accuracy, clarity and proper use of terminology.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and function well under pressure.
- Ability to organize and deliver on many projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of Life and Disability insurance and Absence Management markets.
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multitask and work against strict deadlines is critical.
- Demonstrated understanding of proposal development process and management techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Confluence and JIRA is a plus.
- Prior experience with RFP/RFI and proposal writing preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce desirable.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability to interact effectively with ClaimVantage team members across all locations.
- Ability to self-learn quickly and think creatively.
- A team player with ability to adopt a leadership role as needed.
- The Pre-Sales Analyst may perform other related duties required to meet the ongoing needs of our organization. Flexibility and desire to work in a growing, fast-paced environment is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or comparable work experience.