In this role, you will manage a Research and Development team of Principal Engineers and Software Developers responsible for building and innovating ClaimVantage products. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will provide leadership and guidance to your team. You’ll also collaborate with Product Owners, the Release Manager, and Product Architects in planning and delivering key initiatives, and with Customer Engagement and Customer Experience teams. You will provide guidance to prospects and customers, and provide insights to internal teams leveraging your expertise in Salesforce technology and ClaimVantage products. Although coding is not necessarily required on a day to day basis, you would have the opportunity to.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspire and lead a team of Salesforce product developers.
- Support the self-development and career growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
- Manage the career path and goals of your team members, conducting regular 1-on-1s, and giving feedback.
- Continuously improve development processes in collaboration with Product Architects, QA, Customer Engagement, and Customer Experience teams.
- Pilot methods to improve processes.
- Build or maintain a deep understanding of how our products work and are built. Though you will not be expected to regularly code, you will need to fully grasp code and architecture concerns.
- Explore emerging technologies and projects, and collaborate with the product team and Release Manager to set priorities for the team.
- Facilitate or manage the adoption of new Salesforce technologies.
- Work with your manager and peers to turn the roadmap into staffing needs and a hiring strategy.
- Provide technology and thought leadership.
- Participate in and/or facilitate code readings, requirement & design reviews, or Design Sprints.
- Prioritize competing demands, scope large efforts, and negotiate timelines.
- Present and/or attend InsurTech conferences and Salesforce events.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience managing a software development team is preferred.
- Experience developing products on Salesforce platform; ClaimVantage products preferred.
- Experience developing in agile/kanban development processes.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices.
- Experience in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority.
- Ability to lead a diverse team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written technical communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with a remote team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years relevant experience.
- Salesforce certifications a plus.