The Customer Support Manager will oversee and assist Customer Support Team employees in the performance of their support role as they assist our customers in the ClaimVantage solutions by isolating, diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing technical issues. The successful candidate will be responsible for hiring and training new employees in the Customer Support Team, and organizing the schedules and work of the staff. To be successful in this role, you need to have excellent management and supervisory skills, possess strong Customer Support and technical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a 24 x 7 Customer Support Team and ensure compliance with company guidelines particularly related to quality of service.
- Enable the Customer Support team to triage technical issues that come into the ClaimVantage Support desk to clearly understand the customer reported problem.
- Manage priority issues and work directly with customers, in support of team members, as needed, and across time zones.
- Monitor or review correspondence between team members and customers.
- Prepare monthly reports on customer support tickets and Customer Support team’s performance.
- Ensure maintenance of customer satisfaction, and adherence to SLAs.
- Prepare knowledge-based documents such as summaries and responses to frequently asked questions.
- Identify opportunities to update or improve Customer Support procedures and make recommendations to the COO or other appropriate staff.
- Assist with budget preparation for the Customer Support department.
- Support the ClaimVantage team as needed to achieve the current ClaimVantage strategy and business results.
- At least three years of Customer Support experience required.
- One to three years previous experience in a Customer Support Management role.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information; analyze and document customers’ feedback and share with appropriate internal constituents.
- Proactive project management – problem identification and solution development for multiple customers simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Customer Support procedures and principles.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and issues while maintaining a professional and calm demeanor.
- Ability to coach and mentor Customer Support representatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Understanding of contractual agreements (MSA, EULA etc.).
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer for upsell opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including active listening and dissemination abilities.
- A collaborative approach to customer management.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience in the InsurTech industry.
- Familiarity with the use of agile development methods.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree; Computer Science degree preferred.
- Work collaboratively with management team across all locations.
- Promote ClaimVantage key priority to provide world class customer service.
- Inspire and build trust and transparency.