We are looking for an external customer-facing Product Owner to join our team at ClaimVantage. You will be the glue that binds together our external customers with our internal cross-functional teams of Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Architects, QA Engineer, and Project Managers. You will have a strong understanding of our products and how to configure and customise them to meet the customers needs.
You will collaborate with Customers daily (primarily based in North America) to understand vision, direction, and priorities. You will use discretion to tailor your working hours to suit the project. You will take our customer from vision to release, and beyond. You will help them articulate that vision and guide them to the creation of goal-based roadmaps. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and priorities and be comfortable challenging the customer.
- Take the lead of professional services scrum teams as the Product Owner.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the ClaimVantage products, their functionality and how to configure them.
- Collaborate daily with Customers and third parties to understand detailed inputs for user stories.
- Work with the business analysts and developers to articulate detailed user stories to the scrum team.
- Champion the voice of the user, ensuring feature requests solve a user problem or fulfill a user need.
- Create, update and gain Customer approval on epics and user stories.
- Guide, influence and challenge Customers to achieve goal-based, best-in-class features while utilizing as much of the ClaimVantage products as possible.
- Work closely with the scrum team, ensuring stories in upcoming sprints are fully understood and stories in future sprints are well groomed & estimated.
- Set sprint goals.
- Be open, collaborative and approachable with all Technical Leads, Business Analysts, Developers, and QA Engineers. Work with them to inspire optimal solutions that solve user problems or fulfill user needs.
- Challenge the team to find the smartest, most efficient solutions.
- Work in close cooperation with the scrum team, with a view to identifying continuous improvement opportunities at all points in the Product and Project lifecycle.
- Act as the voice of the Customer to ClaimVantage.
- Champion the Customer product and identify further opportunities where ClaimVantage can add value.
- 2+ years’ experience as a dedicated Customer-facing Product Owner or 4+ years as a Customer-facing Business Analyst in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in Agile.
- Knowledge and experience of software development planning techniques, such as in Scrum.
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into requirements and define those in a written format that allows the development teams to align behind the product vision.
- Solid expertise in defining high-quality agile user story documentation and business logic flows.
- Excellent user-based requirement gathering skills.
- Tech savvy: be able to comfortably sit with development teams and speak their languages.
- Commercially Aware: understand the business value when proposing new features/changes for Customers and the impact decisions will have across internal teams.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills – a polished and confident communicator, you’re capable of understanding ambiguity and can negotiate and influence decision making. You also have the strength to push back when needed.
- Experience working in the insurance or InsurTech space.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or IT subject, whilst not essential, would be beneficial.