The Technical Writer is tasked with producing and maintaining high-quality customer documentation that effectively translates complex technical processes, business functionality, and procedures into easy-to-follow instructions appropriate to the intended audience.
The candidate must possess excellent communication, written, analytical and technical skills. The Technical Writer will work closely with Subject Matter Experts, developers, and other colleagues to produce and refine the documentation. The candidate will join and be responsible for spearheading ClaimVantage’s documentation team to evaluate documentation requirements and priorities and must possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Produce high-quality documentation in agreement with identified priorities. Documentation types may include but are not limited to: quick reference manuals, Online Help, release notes, and training materials.
- Revise and test documentation for usability on a regular basis.
- Evaluate audience, purpose, context and format to ensure documentation fulfills required purpose.
- Collaborate with SMEs, developers and documentation team to evaluate documentation requirements and prioritize deliverables.
- Gather and report documentation usability feedback from customers as appropriate.
- Manage and revise documentation as required based on improvements and enhancements to the product to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Participate in ClaimVantage internal documentation team bi-weekly meetings.
- Successful technical documentation delivery experience.
- Exceptional writing skills, attention to detail and precision.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to analyze and document complex technical processes effectively for a non-technical audience.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and work effectively individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to think analytically, learn quickly and initiate creative problem solving strategies.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- At least two years technical writing experience in an IT environment or equivalent professional experience.
- Master’s degree in English, Communications, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience and knowledge of Disability Claims Management or Absence Management.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce or Confluence.
- Experience with a secure publishing platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Computer Science, Business Administration, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Portland, ME.
If you think you may be suitable for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.