The Software Test Automation Engineer is responsible for driving the test automation efforts across a number of development teams.
You will fully own the creation and maintenance of a test automation framework and other automation tools. This is a 100% hands on automation role. You will not be responsible test execution. Your job is to enable the team to get more done through effective use of automated tooling. You must have a strong ability to collaborate effectively across the organization.
You will be an expert in building web based test automation frameworks with Selenium. But automation is about more than just test execution. You will also be capable of building a range of tools to enhance the development team’s capabilities to deliver better and faster, e.g. tools for loading test data, generating tests, simulators, probes, oracles, coverage analysis, and that’s just for starters. You will be comfortable with scripting languages, continuous integration, virtual environments, and moving between Linux, Mac and Windows environments.
You will manage your own backlog of initiatives, working with the development teams to identify areas where you can make the biggest impact with automated tools.
- Build and maintain a Test Automation Framework using industry-leading tools.
- Manage a backlog of automation initiatives to continuously drive up the level of automation across the full development lifecycle.
- Proactively collaborate with development teams and business analysts to identify opportunities to build more efficient processes to deliver high-quality code.
- Work closely with the development team to continuously enhance the testability of ClaimVantage solutions.
- Support the development teams by providing training and coaching to ensure they can get the most out of the automated tooling.
- Develop a deep understanding of ClaimVantage applications and our customers business environments.
- Expert level knowledge of Selenium (Ideally with Java or Python).
- At least four years software test automation experience in an IT environment, preferably Agile.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (shell, Perl, Python etc.).
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Demonstrated history of self-direct learning and personal development.
- Experience with device testing services such as BrowserStack.
- Experience with continuous integration environments such as Jenkins.
- Experience with the Robotframework test automation framework.
- Experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Salesforce Lightning Platform experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Science, or Engineering field from an accredited institution.
- Dublin, Ireland.
If you think you may be suitable for this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.