The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing customer-facing solutions that are usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Salesforce Force.com cloud platform. Code quality matters. The approach is agile (SCRUM) and test-driven.
We value our customers and are engaged with them regularly as part of our process. You will not be isolated from the end result of your development efforts!
The emphasis is on results. We offer flexibility on work location (remote working) and work hours; our working environment is cloud based. We avoid bureaucracy.
All product development work is done in Ireland: we do not outsource.
- Use Confluence and JIRA to create design documentation, facilitate design reviews, estimate, plan and and manage the development process.
- Use Eclipse and web-based development tools; version control using SVN and Git.
- Gather data migration requirements, design and develop migration tools in Java, and perform complex data migrations.
- Help customers with requests, bugs and other issues.
- Occasionally travel to and work at international customer sites for periods of 1-4 weeks.
- Strong skills and experience in at least one object-oriented languages (Java in particular).
- Professional experience with at least one relational database (e.g. Oracle, MySQL).
- A desire to develop on the Salesforce Force.com platform.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with customers, and stay focused on business objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Salesforce Force.com platform experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
- Use of agile development methods.
- Test-driven development and continuous integration experience.
- Ability to recognize and communicate project exceptions (e.g. slipping schedules).
- Requires a bachelor’s degree; Computer Science degree preferred.
- Dublin, Ireland.
If you think you may be suitable for this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.