The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for coordinating ClaimVantage’s customer interactions in response to customer production issues. The successful candidate will ensure that established customer support processes are followed to ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met in a timely manner.
In addition to effective writing and excellent interpersonal communication skills, the Customer Support Specialist must be highly process-oriented, patient and respectful with customers, and able to prioritize, problem-solve, respond to multiple deadlines, and balance concurrent tasks successfully in a fast-paced environment.
Including, but not limited to:
- Manage the ClaimVantage Support desk using the Jira Service Desk application:
- Track all incoming JIRA Service Desk tickets.
- Triage technical issues to clearly understand the reported problem. Discuss with the customer if necessary to clarify the submitted issue.
- Ensure that there is full understanding and documentation of problem, as necessary, before forwarding to the support developer.
- Meet and track the SLAs for all customers.
- Follow established processes for managing Jira Service Desk.
- Follow established procedures to escalate issues and collaborate with the support developer and the development team in Dublin to ensure proper technical coverage for Support Tickets.
- Report weekly on the status of resolution of all customer issues submitted to Jira Service Desk.
- Test fixed bugs/issues to ensure that they are fixed before sending back to the customer.
- Train to become familiar with the ClaimVantage and Salesforce software products.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- This is a customer support role and the chosen candidate will need to be comfortable working with customers experiencing problems and working across time zones.
- Conduct discussions on outstanding questions with SMEs and/or additional ClaimVantage team members.
- Advance industry knowledge and consultative capabilities through training and mentoring.
- Engage and maintain a close partnership with Customer Support Developer, Business Analyst, and Development teams.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strict attention to detail — including testing and documenting proposed solutions.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and deliver against demands from multiple customers.
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multitask and work against strict deadlines is critical.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence) is a plus.
- Salesforce or Absence/Disability insurance industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability to interact effectively with ClaimVantage team members across all locations.
- Ability to learn by doing in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player with the ability to coordinate team responses to customer issues.
- Portland, Maine.
If you think you may be suitable for this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.