Well, 2017 was a whirlwind of a year for us here at ClaimVantage. But we couldn’t have done it without you – our readers, customers, and year-round supporters. We’ve summarized our year in the points below, highlighting some highs over the past 12 months.
New Product Developments
AbsenceDirect Work Accommodations
We launched AbsenceDirect Work Accommodations in January of 2017, when Broadspire, a global TPA announced their ADA services in the US market. We worked closely with Broadspire to build out this product, which offers employers support in managing workplace accommodations. We have new customers that will begin using this product in early 2018.
Paid Family Leave
The rollout of paid family leave (PFL) across multiple states in the US, caused employers concern about how they would manage the existing intricate web of Federal and State legislation for FMLA, and this new paid leave law. At ClaimVantage, we have built out PFL functionality that helps employers manage all applicable leave types using an automated rule-engine that determines eligibility, generates letters and forms, and provides a customer facing portal for easy access. A huge thank you to our customers, for joining our focus group meetings, and for testing the software to ensure this product was market ready for January 1st.
Ring-Fenced R&D Team
We have focused our resources on expanding our R&D team, allowing us to add additional functionality to both ClaimFirst, AbsenceDirect and our Integrated Software Solution. In addition to the two new products mentioned above, we have also introduced:
- A beneficiary centric claim view,
- Death Claim Interest (DCI) for life payments, and
- A Lightning ready interface, which we will continue to work on in 2018.
4th ClaimVantage User Group Meeting
In September, we hosted our 4th ClaimVantage User Group Meeting in Portland, Maine. Over 40 of our customers came to town to join us in the Courtyard Marriott in Downtown Portland. It was great to get that valuable face time, and we hope you all enjoyed the event as much as we did.
Sharing Thought Leadership at Global EventsWe were fortunate to have the opportunity to present at a number of global events this year.
- One of our valued customers, Les Lee Shell from Clark County Nevada, presented with Angie Brown, at the Annual DMEC Conference. Les Lee shared her experience of implementing a company-wide, mobile-only approach to absence management using AbsenceDirect.
- After an initial visit to Japan last year, our CEO, Leo Corcoran, was invited to a KPMG event in Tokyo in July to discuss digital disruption in the insurance industry.
- Leo Corcoran presented at the Annual ICA conference in September, alongside Disability RMS, to discuss the power of claims data and how technology can support data-driven decision making for insurers.
- John Murphy, our Business Development Manager in South Africa, discussed the digital transformation taking place across the industry at the OESAI and Cover Conferences in August, followed by the 4th Annual Insurance Claims Conference in November.
- And last but certainly not least, we shared our thoughts on Moving your Claims to the Cloud at the Digital Insurer event in Singapore in October. Singapore is home to many global insurers, and it was great to meet many of you at the event.
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to join us for these presentations, and for all the feedback we received afterward. With plenty of travel in the cards for 2018, who knows where ClaimVantage will end up next.
We’ve Doubled our Workforce
We’ve hired 22 new employees in 2017, almost doubling our global employee count to 50.
As well as adding to our Development and Business Analyst teams, we’ve made some key hires throughout the year to scale the business, including a new COO, Tony Hewitt, a QA Manager, Mark Irvine, a Scrum Master, Frances Smyth, and an Implementation Manager, Karen Dow. We’d like to take this opportunity to welcome all of the new additions to our team. To meet our newest employees visit our Facebook page.
To support the growth in our Dublin office, we moved to a bigger space on the fifth floor, which boasts beautiful views over Dublin Bay.
Our Portland office is currently busting at the seams, with 13 new hires since January 2017. We’re excited to announce we have found a new space to allow our team to grow. Watch this space, and all will be revealed in Q1, 2018.
With six new customers in production this year, and three exciting projects already lined up for 2018, we’re ready to roll into the new year.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support in 2017 and we look forward to reconnecting in 2018. Wishing you and your family a very happy holiday season!